Why Natural Shed Moose Antlers?
Antlers are the original “chew” that mother nature provides. Natural shed means none of our antlers come from Moose that were hunted or otherwise harvested. Antlers need to cure correctly to reach their full potential. Much like if you do not cure concrete correctly it will not last, the same is with antler chews. The natural shed process does that.
At IdlePaws we source only the highest quality Grade A to B Natural Shed Moose antler from the USA. This means they maintain their natural moisture content and are unlikely to crack or splinter. Our antlers are sanded on all sides to avoid sharp edges.
Benefits of Natural Shed Moose Antlers:
- Natural shed antlers last longer, resists cracking, are stain free and have virtually no odor.
- The majority of antlers will last a dog weeks, or even months. Making them a very economical chew.
- High in essential Nutrients like: Collagen, Lipids, Glucosamine, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus (source)
- No fillers, by-products, artificial colors or flavors
- Keeps teeth and gums healthy by reducing tartar and plaque buildup .
- Chewing has a calming effect on most dogs.
- Moose tends to be a "softer" form of antler making easier to work with and more engaging for your pet.
Choosing the right size is important for enjoyment and safety. All antlers are different so the one you choose will be different than the ones pictured. Here is our sizing guidelines:
Small: For 10- 20 lbs dogs. Approximately 3-4 oz, 3-4 inches in length.
Medium: For 20-40 lbs dogs. Approximately 5-6 oz 4-5 inches in length.
Large: For 40-70 lbs dogs. Approximately 6-9 oz 6-8 inches in length.
Extra Large: For 70-100 lbs dogs. Approximately 9oz 7+ inches in length. (Sold Out)
XXL: For 20-40 lbs dogs. Approximately 13 oz 8+ inches in length.
When the antler gets to the point that it can be swallowed, discard it and replace. Always supervise your dog while they have an antler.
Moose antlers tend to have more “marrow” and be more engaging for the finicky. However, aggressive chewers should tend towards Natural Shed Elk Antlers.